A general and bibliographical dictionary of the fine arts. Containing explanations of the principal terms used in the arts of painting, sculpture, architecture, and engraving, in all their various branches; historical sketches of the rise and progress of their different schools; descriptive accounts of the best books and treatises on the fine arts; and every useful topic connected therewith. By James Elmes ...
- London, Printed for Thomas Tegg, 73, Cheapside; R. M. Tims, Dublin; and R. Griffin and Co., Glasgow, 1826.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., [vii]-viii,  p. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN33 E48Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by C. and C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
In original boards.
MUDD WB 34930: Poor condition.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Bibliography.Art -- Dictionaries.Art -- History.Griffin, R. and Co. -- Publisher.Tegg, Thomas -- Publisher.Tims, R. M. -- Publisher.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Elmes, James, 1782-1862, A general and bibliographical dictionary of the fine arts, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.