Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol, and their environs. Drawn and engraved by W. Watts. With topographical illustrations.
- London: Printed by Bensley and Son, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, for R. Bowyer, Pall-Mall, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 28 p., 15 leaves of plates. ill. 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 W32 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 43 (Abbey copy)
First published in 1794.
All except plate 15 drawn and engraved by Watts. Plate 15 is drawn by Nicholas Pocock and engraved by Watts.
In boards, with original printed label on front cover. Label title: Views in Bath and Bristol. Ms. note on label reads: Proof.
All plates marked Proof and are hand-colored.
Slip with binding instructions tipped-in at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Bensley and Son -- Printer.Bowyer, R. -- Publisher.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1819.Pocock, Nicholas, 1740?-1821, ill.Watts, William, 1752-1851, ill.
YCBA Collections Search
Watts, William, 1752-1851, Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol,, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.