Billings, Robert William, 1813-1874, Architectural illustrations and description of the cathedral church at Durham , 1843
Architectural illustrations and description of the cathedral church at Durham / by Robert William Billings.
- London : T. and W. Boone, 29, New Bond Street; and the author, Manor House, Kentish Town, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 54, , 75 leaves of plates. ill., plans. 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471 D9 B5+ Copy 1 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471 D9 B5+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Durham: Printed by Francis Humble and Son."
Plates engraved by John Henry LeKeux, Joseph Collyer, James Stow, John Cochran, Charles Picart, John Saddler, George Gladwin, G. B. Smith, George Winter, Robert William Billings; after Robert William Billings, George Perfect Harding, R. Hutchinson, William Behnes, and Henry Edridge.
First published in parts.
British Art Center copy 1 is extra-illustrated with 20 plates, inlaid to size. Includes ms. pencil drawings and photographs.
British Art Center copy 2 is imperfect: part V only, of original parts. Consists of 15 leaves of plates, with no text. Original label on cover reads: Illustrations of Durham Cathedral.
- Subject Terms:
- Boone, T. and W. -- Publisher.Church architecture -- England.Durham Cathedral.Humble, Francis and Son -- Printer.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate.
- Engravings -- 1843.
Etchings -- 1843.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Steel engravings -- 1843.
Stipple engravings -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.