IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Dufresnoy, Charles-Alphonse, 1611-1668, The art of painting, 1716
The art of painting: by C. A. Du Fresnoy: with remarks: tr. into English, with an original preface, containing a parallel between painting and poetry: by Mr. Dryden. As also a short account of the most eminent painters, both ancient and modern: by R. G. ...
- The 2d ed., cor. and enl.
- London, Printed for Bernard Lintott, between the temple gates in Fleetstreet, 1716.
- Physical Description:
- 8 p. l., lxviii, , 397,  p. 18 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 D813 1716View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
Signatures: A⁸ a-d⁸e⁴ B-2C⁸ 2D²
Includes the original poem in Latin, with title: De arte graphica liber.
"The preface of Mons. de Piles, the French translator": p. lxii-lxviii.
The "Short account ... " by R. Graham, has special t. p.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1716.Eyre, Venn, 1712-1777 -- Autograph, 1730.Lintott, Bernard -- Publisher.Painters -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1716.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.