A narrative of the minutes of evidence respecting the claim to the Berkeley peerage, as taken before the committee of privileges in 1811. Together with the entire evidence of the persons principally concerned. To which are added, facsimiles of the banns, and register of the marriage : extracted from the parish books of Berkeley. To the whole is prefixed a sketch of the proceedings of the committee on the Earl of Berkeley's pedigree in the year 1799.
- London, Sherwood, Neely, and Jones, Paternoster-Row; Washbourn, Gloucester; Munday and Slater, Oxford; and Meyer and Son, Bath, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 276, p. 2 facsim. 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS423 B47Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "London: Printed by Law and Gilbert, St. John's-square; J. G. Barnard, Snow-hill; and C. Squire, Furnival's-Inn-Court, Holborn."
With: An address to the right honourable the peers of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland / from Mary, Countess of Berkeley. London : Printed for E. Williams ... 1811.
Hearing on "the petition of William Fitzhardinge Berkeley, claiming as of right to be Earl of Berkeley, Viscount Dursley, and Baron Berkeley." --Cf. p. .
- Subject Terms:
- Barclay family.Barnard, J. G. -- Printer.Fitzhardinge, William Fitzhardinge Berkeley, Earl of, 1786-1857.Law and Gilbert -- Printer.Meyler and Son -- Publisher.Mundy and Slater -- Publisher.Normanton family -- Bookplate.Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- Publisher.Squire, C. -- Printer.Washburn -- Publisher.Young, Charles George, Sir, 1795-1869 -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Fitzhardinge, William Fitzhardinge Berkeley, Earl of, 1786-1857, A narrative of the minutes of evidence respecting the claim to the Berkeley peerage,, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.