IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The picture of Glasgow, and strangers' guide;, 1818
The picture of Glasgow, and strangers' guide; with a sketch of a tour to Loch-Lomand, Loch-Ketturrin, Perth, Inveraray, and the falls of Clyde.
- Third edition, enlarged. Embellished with three views and two maps.
- Glasgow: Printed by and for R. Chapman, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p. l., 390,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded). ill., map, charts, plan. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890 G5 P6 1818View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates engraved by Robert Scott and R. Gray; after W. Reid and William Stark.
Dedication signed: Robert Chapman.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman, Robert -- Publisher.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Guidebooks.Scotland -- Guidebooks.Sharp, John -- Autograph.St. Mary's College. Library (Blairs, Scotland) -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1818.
Engravings -- 1818.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.