IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The picture of Glasgow, or, Strangers' guide,, 1812
The picture of Glasgow, or, Strangers' guide, with a sketch of a tour to Loch Lomond, Loch Ketturrin, Inveraray, and the falls of Clyde.
- A new edition, enlarged, Enriched with four views, and a map of the city.
- Glasgow : Printed by and for R. Chapman. Sold by J. & A. Duncan, A. Wilson, Brash & Reid, W. Turnbull, M. Ogle, D. Niven & Co., J. Steven & Co., J. Gardner, A. & D. Scott, J. Greenlees, J. Cook, and T. Ogilvie, Glasgow, and T. Stewart, Greenock, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 288 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., map (folded) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA890 G5 P6 1812View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
Plates engraved by Robert Scott and R. Gray; after W. Reid, William Stark, and Hugh William Williams.
British Art Center copy is in original boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Brash & Reid -- Publisher.Chapman, R. -- Printer.Cook, J. -- Publisher.Duncan, J. & A. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1812.Gardner, J. -- Publisher.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Guidebooks.Greenlees, J. -- Publisher.Niven, D. & Co. -- Publisher.Ogilvie, T. -- Publisher.Ogle, M. -- Publisher.Scotland -- Guidebooks.Scott, A. & D. -- Publisher.St. Mary's College. Library (Blairs, Scotland) -- Bookplate.Steven, J. & Co. -- Publisher.Stewart, T. -- Publisher.Turnbull, W. -- Publisher.Wilson, A. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.