Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol and their environs / drawn and engraved by William Watts ; with an explanatory letter press.
- London : Sold for the proprietor, W. Watts, at No. 36, Titchfield, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ( leaves of plates;  leaves of plates) : ill. ; 25 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 W3+ Oversize.View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from engraved title page.
Date from plates.
"This work will be comprised in five numbers, each containing six views." Only v. 1 and 2 published?
Title page in v. 1 engraved by Puke, all other plates drawn and engraved by William Watts.
In original wrappers. Title on cover reads: Select views of Bath and Bristol ...
Slip tipped-in at beginning of v. 2 reads: "The indulgence of the subscribers for the letter press description of no. I and II is requested until the IIId. number, which will be published in December next, and will contain Six views of Bristol." Never published?
British Art Center has v. 1 and 2 only.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1794.Etching -- Specimens -- 1794.Puke, ill.Watts, William, 1752-1851 -- Publisher.Watts, William, 1752-1851, ill.
YCBA Collections Search
Watts, William, 1752-1851, Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.