Watts, William, 1752-1851, Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol, 1794
- Select views of the principal buildings and other interesting and picturesque objects in the cities of Bath and Bristol and their environs / drawn and engraved by William Watts ; with an explanatory letter press.
- London : Sold for the proprietor, W. Watts, at No. 36, Titchfield, 1794.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. ( leaves of plates;  leaves of plates) : ill. ; 25 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 W3+ Oversize.Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from engraved title page.
Date from plates.
"This work will be comprised in five numbers, each containing six views." Only v. 1 and 2 published?
Title page in v. 1 engraved by Puke, all other plates drawn and engraved by William Watts.
In original wrappers. Title on cover reads: Select views of Bath and Bristol ...
Slip tipped-in at beginning of v. 2 reads: "The indulgence of the subscribers for the letter press description of no. I and II is requested until the IIId. number, which will be published in December next, and will contain Six views of Bristol." Never published?
British Art Center has v. 1 and 2 only.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1794.Etching -- Specimens -- 1794.Puke, ill.Watts, William, 1752-1851 -- Publisher.Watts, William, 1752-1851, ill.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.