Ten centuries of art. Its progress in Europe from the IXth to the XIXth century. With a glance at the artistic works of classical antiquity, and concluding considerations on the probable influence of the Great Exhibition, and on the present state and future prospects of art in Great Britain. By Henry Noel Humphreys ...
- London, Grant and Griffith, St. Paul's Churchyard, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., 118 p., col. front., 11 pl. (part col.), 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5300 .H92+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- History.Crichel -- Stamp.Day & Son -- Printer.Decoration and ornament.Grant and Griffith -- Publisher.Great Exhibition (1851 : London, England)Leighton, Son & Hodge -- Bookbinder.Mahoney, J. -- Printer.Vizetelly and Company -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1852.
Lithotints -- 1852.
Lithographs -- 1852.
Wood engravings -- 1852.
- Metal work
- Ivory and wood carving
- Glass and pottery
- Textile fabrics