Clarke, Edward Daniel, 1769-1822, Travels in various countries of Europe, Asia and Africa , 1810-1823
Travels in various countries of Europe, Asia and Africa / by Edward Daniel Clarke ...
- London : Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1810-1823.
- Physical Description:
- 6 v., fronts. (v. 1 port.) illus., plates, maps (part fold.) fold. plans, fold. facsim. 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD975 .C57+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by Letitia Byrne, Charles Picart, Elizabeth Byrne, Robert Cooper, [Samuel John] Neele, Austin, Robert Pollard, Henry Mutlow, Frederick Rudolph Hay, John Shury, and John Scott; after Edward Daniel Clarke, Angelica Clarke, Sir William Gell, [Louis Franc̦ois] Fauve, [Michel Franc̦ois Preaux, J. B. Lusier, John Bacon Sawrey Morritt, Charles Le Brun, Richard Bankes Harraden, Rev. G. Wilkins, Henry Wright, William Wilkins, William Havell, W. B. Harraden, J. A. Carr, [Guillaume Joseph] Grelot, James Sowerby, and Rev. Edward Valentine Blomfield.
BAC: British Art Center copy is incomplete: only v. 2-3 Part the Second. Section 1-2. Greece, Egypt and the Holy Land.-[v. 4] Part the Second. Greece, Egypt and the Holy Land. Section the third. To which is added a supplement respecting the Author's journey from Constantinople to Vienna containing his account of the Gold Mines of Transylvania and Hungary. V. 1 Part the first and v. 5-6 part the thired wanting.
"Printed by R. Watts, Broxbourn, Herts."
"Only twelve chapters of vol. VI were prepared for the press by the author, the volume being completed and published after his death by ... the Rev. Robert Walpole."--Dict. nat. biog.
- Subject Terms:
- Asia -- Description and travel.Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Davies, W. -- Publisher.Europe -- Description and travel.Friends Free Library, Germantown -- Stamp.Middle East -- Description and travel.Watts, R. -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1810-1823.
Wood engravings -- 1810-1823.
Engravings -- 1810-1823.
Stipple engravings -- 1810-1823.
- [v. 1] Part the First. Russia, Tartary, and Turkey. Second edition.-[v. 2-3] Part the Second. Section 1-2. Greece, Egypt and the Holy Land.-[v. 4] Part the Second. Greece, Egypt and the Holy Land. Section the third. To which is added a supplement respecting the Author's journey from Constantinople to Vienna containing his account of the Gold Mines of Transylvania and Hungary.-[v. 5-6] Part the Third. Scandinavia. Section the First-Second.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.