- London, Printed for R. Phillips, by T. Bensley, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : fold. facsim. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3757 W2 A16 1799Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC PR3757.W2A16 1799: Bound in 1 v.
BEIR Im W165 D799: Vol. 2 imperfect: t.p. wanting. Stamp: Linonian Library. Inscription: Linonian Society, presented by Gurdon [Sbork?].
BEIN 1998 1303: Autograph: Theodore Walrond, Ealing, Jan. 1925. Armorial bookplate: Henry Merrik Hoare; bookplate: Ex libris Frederick Whiley Hilles.
"A mere transcript of [the] literary chit-chat" of Horace Walpole, with anecdotes, extracts from his letters, etc.; compiled by John Pinkerton. Cf. Preface.
Title vignettes engraved by Paton Thomson and James Walker.
'List of books printed at Strawberrry-Hill': v.2, p.163-164; 'Two letters ... to the Earl of Buchan': p.169-177.
'Biographical sketch in fugitive crayons' [by Pinkerton]: v. 1, p. xi-l; publisher's advertisement: p. [li-lii]
ESTC (RLIN) T139132
Hazen, A.T. Walpole, 62.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1799.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate.Hoare, Henry Merrik -- Bookplate.Phillips, R. -- Publisher.Walrond, Theodore -- Autograph, 1925.Yale College (1718-1887). Linonian Society. Library -- Stamp.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.