The itinerary of Archbishop Baldwin through Wales, A. D. MCLXXXVIII. By Giraldus de Barri; tr. into English, and illustrated with views, annotations, and a life of Giraldus, by Sir Richard Colt Hoare, bart. ...
- London, Printed for William Miller, Albemarle Street, by W. Bulmer and Co. Cleveland-Row, St. James's, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. fronts. 50 pl., 5 maps (part fold.), 3 plans. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA725 .G51+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by James Basire, John Cary, and William Byrne; after John Carter and Sir Richard Colt Hoare.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, Archbishop of Canterbury, approximately 1120-1190.Bulmer, W. and Co. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1806.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1806.Etching -- Specimens -- 1806.Garnons Library -- Bookplate.Miller, William -- Publisher.Wales -- Description and travel.Wales -- Social life and customs.
- v. 1 The life of Giraldus de Barri, with an account of his manuscripts at Oxford, Cambridge, Lambeth, and in the British Museum. An introduction to the history of Cambria prior to ... 1188. The itinerary of Baldwin archbishop of Camnterbury, through Wales in ... 1188.--v. 2. The second book of The itinerary of Baldwin through Wales. An account of Owain Cyveilioc Prince of Powys, with a new version of his celebrated poem, called the Hirlas, or Drinking Horn; and his circuits through Wales. The description of Wales by Giraldus de Barri, in two books. A supplement, giving a short account of ... places omitted by Giraldus. The progress of architecture from the time of William the conqueror to the sixteenth century. A list of publications relating to Wales.