The Irish compendium: or, Rudiments of honour. Containing the descents, marriages, issues, titles, posts, and seats, of all the nobility of Ireland. With their arms, crests, supporters, motto's, and Parliament robes, exactly engrav'd on eighty copper plates. Also a supplement, shewing, the antiquity, dignity, and use of armories ...
- The third edition.
- London, Printed for Mess. Bettesworth and Hitch ... and Henry Lintot, 1735.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., viii, 84, 364 [i.e. 374], , 4, 117,  p. front., illus., plates, coats of arms 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS488 N5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by G. Thornton and J. Wigley.
Head- and tail-pieces.
Plates mainly printed on both sides.
Dedication signed: Francis Nichols.
Published as v. 4 of his British compendium.
- Subject Terms:
- Bettesworth and Hitch -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1735.Heraldry -- Ireland.Lintot, Henry, 1709-1758 -- Publisher.Nobility -- Ireland.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1735.Wray, Cecil, Sir, 1734-1805 -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Nichols, Francis, 18th cent, The Irish compendium: or, Rudiments of honour, 1735
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.