Robinson, Duncan, William Morris, Edward Burne-Jones and the Kelmscott Chaucer , 1982
William Morris, Edward Burne-Jones and the Kelmscott Chaucer / Duncan Robinson.
- London : Gordon Fraser, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- 116 p. : ill., ports. ; 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ232 M87 R62 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232.M87 R62 1982+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- "... Letterpress printed by The Stellar Press, Hatfield, Herts ... book bound W.S. Cowell Limited, Ipswich ... Designed by Peter Guy."--Verso title page.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green and gold floral print boards with glacine book-jacket. Inscribed: "For Paul, with affection and gratitude. Duncan."
- Subject Terms:
- Book design -- England -- History -- 19th century.Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898.Chaucer, Geoffrey, d. 1400 -- Illustrations.English poetry -- Middle English, 1100-1500 -- Illustrations.Fraser, Gordon -- Publisher.Guy, Peter -- Bookbinding designer .Hammersmith (London, England) -- Imprints.Kelmscott Press.Medievalism -- England -- History -- 19th century.Mellon, Paul -- Pres. insc. from Duncan Robinson.Middle Ages in art.Morris, William, 1834-1896.Robinson, Duncan -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon.Stellar Press -- Printer.W. S. Cowell Limited -- Bookbinder.