South Yorkshire. The history and topography of the deanery of Doncaster, in the diocese and county of York. By the Rev. Joseph Hunter ...
- London, Printed for the author, by J. B. Nichols and son, 1828-31.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. front. (port.) illus., 15 pl., 2 maps, plan, geneal. tables. 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 36Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by T. Milne, Benjamin R. Davies, John Swaine, Samuel Bellin, W. Cowen, Charles John Smith, Mary Byfield, Henry Hoppner Meyer, Murrell, Robert White, E. Bocquet, W. Poole, and Charles Hall; after J. Alexander, Henry Cave, Luard, Miss H. Falconer, William Cowen, R. Hibbard, Miss Foljambe, Thomas Higham, Sir Joshua Reynolds, and Hans Holbein.
British Art Center copy is extra-illustrated with engraved portraits.
Pages 145-148 of vol. I numbered 143-146 respectively.
- Subject Terms:
- Doncaster (England) -- History.Halifax, Charles Wood, Viscount, 1800-1885 -- Bookplate.Nichols, J. B. and Son -- Printer.South Yorkshire (England) -- History.
- Aquatints -- 1828.
Etchings -- 1828.
Wood engravings -- 1828.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1828.
Engravings -- 1828.
Stipple engravings -- 1828.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.