Bath and Bristol, with the counties of Somerset and Gloucester : displayed in a series of views; including the modern improvements, picturesque scenery, antiquities, etc. / From original drawings, by Thos. H. Shepherd; with historical and descriptive illustrations, by John Britton ...
- London : Jones and co., 1829 [1831?]
- Physical Description:
- iv, -55 p. 24 pl. (incl. front.) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 B7+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 B7+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by William Tombleson, Mary Byfield, Henry Adlard, James Baylie Allen, William Wallis, William H. Bond, Charles Mottram, Frederick Rudolph Hay, William Radclyffe, Bishop, Samuel Lacey, Samuel Fisher, and Thomas Barber; after Thomas Hosmer Shepherd, William Henry Bartlett, and John Preston Neale.
Spine title: Fifty views in Bath, Bristol, &c.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy.
References: Mellon coll. S 45.3.
Added t.-p., engr.
Several plates dated 1830, and one, 1831.
- Subject Terms:
- Bath (England) -- Pictorial works.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Gloucestershire (England) -- Pictorial works.Jones and Co. -- Publisher.Somerset (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Wood engravings -- 1829.
Steel engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Britton, John, 1771-1857, Bath and Bristol, with the counties of Somerset and Gloucester , 1829 [1831?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.