The Connoisseur, 1793
- The Connoisseur. By Mr. Town, critic and censor-general.
- London, Printed for J. Parsons, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. front. (port.), plates. 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1365 C6 1793Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has only v. 1, which lacks added t.-p.
Plates engraved by F. Sansom and J. Dadley; after Richard Corbould.
Added t.-p.: Parson's Select British classics, a well chosen collection of classical essays, v. 14-17.
Added title-pages, engr., with vignettes.
Written chiefly by George Colman and Bonnell Thornton; originally published in 140 weekly numbers, from Jan. 31, 1754-Sept. 30, 1756.
"Memoirs of Bonnell Thornton, esquire": v. 1, p. i-xxiii.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1793.London (England) -- Social life and customs.Parsons, J. -- Publisher.Pepper, Michael -- Bookplate.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1793.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.