Lockwood, Mary S. (Mary Smith), 1831-1922, Art embroidery , 1878
- Art embroidery : a treatise on the revived practice of decorative needlework / by M.S. Lockwood and E. Glaister ; with nineteen plates printed in colours from designs by Thomas Crane.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Running title: Art needlework.
- London : Marcus Ward & Co., 67 and 68, Chandos Sreet, Strand : and Royal Ulster Works, Belfast, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- 83 pages, XIX leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT750 L82+ Copy 1 OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT750 L82+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary maroon floral embossed cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary maroon floral embossed cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Decorative arts.Embroidery.Fancy work.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Needlework.
- Chromolithographs -- 1878.
Lithographs -- 1878.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.