Sabbath bells chimed by the poets ... , 1856
- Sabbath bells chimed by the poets ... / Illustrated by Birket Foster.
- London : Bell and Daldy, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 111,  p. col. illus. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1191 .S13 1856 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1191 .S13 1856 Copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by Edmund Evans; after Birket Foster.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has hand-colored initials as described by Mclean, and is bound in a publisher's leather binding that is signed with initials WHR [i.e. William Harry Rogers].
Copy 2 has no hand-coloring and is bound in cloth by Bone & Son. The binding design is different and signed with initials TM [i.e. Thomas Robert Macquoid?]
"Selected by the editor of 'Poetry of the year,' 'Poets of the woods,' etc." [i.e. Joseph Cundall]
On verso of t.-p., monogram: "J.C." [i.e. Joseph Cundall]
Title vignette in colors.
Mclean, R. Joseph Cundall, 72.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Daldy -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Chiswick Press -- Printer.English poetry -- 19th century.Religious poetry, English -- 19th century.Sunday -- Poetry.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1856.
Wood engravingss -- Hand-colored -- 1856.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.