Sabbath bells chimed by the poets ... / Illustrated by Birket Foster.
- London : Bell and Daldy, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 111,  p. col. illus. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1191 .S13 1856 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1191 .S13 1856 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Edmund Evans; after Birket Foster.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has hand-colored initials as described by Mclean, and is bound in a publisher's leather binding that is signed with initials WHR [i.e. William Harry Rogers].
Copy 2 has no hand-coloring and is bound in cloth by Bone & Son. The binding design is different and signed with initials TM [i.e. Thomas Robert Macquoid?]
"Selected by the editor of 'Poetry of the year,' 'Poets of the woods,' etc." [i.e. Joseph Cundall]
On verso of t.-p., monogram: "J.C." [i.e. Joseph Cundall]
Title vignette in colors.
Mclean, R. Joseph Cundall, 72.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Daldy -- Publisher.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Chiswick Press -- Printer.English poetry -- 19th century.Religious poetry, English -- 19th century.Sunday -- Poetry.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1856.
Wood engravingss -- Hand-colored -- 1856.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.