Mallet, Paul Henri, 1730-1807, Northern antiquities; or, An historical account of the manners, customs, religion and laws, maritime expeditions and discoveries, language and literature of the ancient Scandinavians .., 1878
- Northern antiquities; or, An historical account of the manners, customs, religion and laws, maritime expeditions and discoveries, language and literature of the ancient Scandinavians ... Translated from the French of M. Mallet, by Bishop Percy.
- New ed., rev. throughout, and considerably enlarged; with a translation of the prose Edda from the original Old Norse text; and notes critical and explanatory, by I.A. Blackwell, esq. to which is added, an abstract of the Eyrbyggja saga, by Sir Walter Scott.
- London, G. Bell and sons, 1878.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.l., 578 p. col. front., illus. 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDL31 .M26 1878Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "London: Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Stamford Street and Charing Cross."
Frontispiece engraved by George Baxter.
Advertisements:  p. bound in at front,  p. at end.
References: Mellon coll. T 252.3
Half-title: Bohn's antiquarian library.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell, G. and Sons -- Publisher.Scandinavia -- Antiquities.William Clowes & Sons,ltd. -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1878.
Wood engravings -- 1878.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.