Ocean and river gardens: a history of the marine and fresh-water aquaria, with the best methods for their establishment and preservation ... By H. Noel Humphreys ...
- London, S. Low, son and co., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pts. in l v. illus., 20 col. pl. (incl. front.) 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH68 .H92Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Gold-stamped orange cloth binding.
"London: Thomas Harrild, Printer, Salisbury Square, Fleet Street; and Silver Street, Falcon Square."
Advertisements:  p. at end of pt. 2.
Binder's ticket: Bound by Bone & Son, 76 Fleet St., London.
Pt. I has title: Ocean gardens: the history of the marine aquarium.
Pt. II has title: River gardens; being an account of the best methods of cultivating fresh-water plants in aquaria.
McLean, R. Victorian book design (1972 ed.)
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 207
- Subject Terms:
- Aquariums.Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Harrild, Thomas -- Printer.Low, (Sampson) Son, and Co. -- Publisher.Natural history -- Technique.Sim, Margaret -- Autograph.Water gardens.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
Wood engravings -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.