The flower garden, with selected lists of annual, biennial and perennial flowering plants.
- London, W. S. Orr & co. 
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.l., 4, 515,  p. col. front., illus., plates (part col.) 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB406 .F7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Green cloth binding.
Some plates engraved and printed in colors by George Baxter.
"London: Bradbury and Evans, Printer, Whitefriars."
Engr. t.-p. with vignette in colors; some plates colored by hand.
Uniform with the companion volumes "The greenhouse, hothouse, and stove," by Charles McIntosh. 1838. and "The orchard, including the management of ... fruit trees and the forcing pit" (engraved title "The orchard and fruit garden") 1839, by the same author to whom notwithstanding the anonymous t.-p. and preface the authorship of the "Flower garden" is also found generally attributed.
Lewis, C.T. George Baxter (1924 ed.), 515.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Floriculture.Gardening.Orr, (William S.) & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1838.
Wood engravings -- 1838.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1838.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.