Maxims and precepts of the Saviour.
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. N.T. Gospels. English. Selections. 1848.
- [London, Longman & co., 1848]
- Physical Description:
- , 31, ii p. illus. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND3410 B4 H7Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Bound in boards, with colored paper onlay on front and back.
British Art Center copy imperfect: case wanting.
Ornamental borders, and illustrations, in color, by Henry Noel Humphreys.
"The binding is designed from a peculiar style of ornament, supposed to be the 'Opus anglicum,'so much prized ... in the 10th and 11th centuries. The model which has furnished the present design is a border in a ms. copy of the Gospels executed for King Cnut (Canute)"--p. ii.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Specimens.Bookbinding -- Specimens -- 1848.Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens.Longman & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1848.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.