Poetry of the year, or, Pastorals from our poets illustrative of the seasons , 
- Poetry of the year, or, Pastorals from our poets illustrative of the seasons / with chromo-lithographs from drawings by Birket Foster ..., Harrison Weir, L.E. Barker, T. Creswick ..., E.V.B., J. Wolf, David Cox, etc. etc.
- London : Charles Griffin, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 116 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110.S5 P6Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Gold-stamped green cloth binding, with paper chromolithograph onlay.
Plates engraved by Edwin Buckman, James W. Lewis and Vincent Brooks; after Lucette E. Barker, Charles Harvey Weigall, Birket Foster, Henry Lejeune, C. Davidson, David Cox, Harrison William Weir, William Hemsley, Edward Duncan, Thomas Creswick, William Lee, Josef Wolf, Charles Branthwaite, and Eleanor Vere Gordon Boyle.
Date from Eng. cat. of books.
Printed by J. and W. Rider, London.
Added t. p., engraved by Vincent Brooks; after Albert Henry Warren.
Binding probably designed by Albert Warren.--Cf. McLean.
McLean, R. Victorian Publishers' Book-bindings, p. 107.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Griffin (Charles) and Co. -- Publisher.Myers, Clara B. -- Pres. insc. from her parents.Nature -- Poetry.Poetry -- Collections.Rider, J. and W. -- Printer.Seasons -- Poetry.Warren, Albert Henry, binding designer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1867.
Wood engravings -- 1867.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.