Gems of English art of this century : twenty-four pictures from national collections / printed in colours by Leighton brothers with illustrative text by Francis Turner Palgrave ...
- London ; George Routledge & Sons, 1869.
New York : George Routledge & Sons, 1869.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 144 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND467 .P34View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Leighton Brothers; after Charles West Cope, Edwin Henry Landseer, Charles Robert Leslie, Gilbert Stuart Newton, William Mulready, John Linnell, Augustus Wall Callcott, William Collins, Thomas Sydney Cooper, Augustus Leopold Egg, Daniel Maclise, Clarkson Stanfield, David Roberts, John Constable, David Wilkie, Thomas Webster, J.M.W. Turner, Francis Danby, William Etty, Richard Redgrave, James Ward, John Frederick Herring, Benjamin West, and Charles Lock Eastlake.
Binder's ticket: Bound by Leighton, Son and Hodge.
Purple cloth binding, with colored paper onlay (over whole of front cover) stamped in gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- 1869.Brown, I. G. -- Pres. insc. to Agnes Maunders, 1868.Leighton, Son and Hodges -- Bookbinder.Maunders, Agnes -- Pres. insc. from I. G. Brown, 1868.Painting -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 19th century -- History.Painting, Victorian.Routledge (George) and Sons -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1869.
Wood engravings -- 1869.
YCBA Collections Search
Palgrave, Francis Turner, 1824-1897, Gems of English art of this century , 1869
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.