A complete guide to the English lakes / by Harriet Martineau ; illustrated from drawings by T.L. Aspland and W. Banks ; and a map coloured geologically by John Ruthven ; to which are added an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and mosses of the district, and a complete directory.
- Second edition.
- Windermere : John Garnett ; .
London : Whittaker & Co. [and 3 others], .
- Physical Description:
- 210,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., col. maps ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 M37 1858View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- One folded map inserted into back cover (between pasted down endpaper and cover). As issued?
Advertisements: 15 p.,  leaf of plates at end.
Gold-stamped purple cloth.
Binder's ticket: Westleys & Co., London.
Title on added engraved t.p.: Guide to the English Lakes.
Plates engraved by William Banks & Son; after Theophil Lindsey Aspland and William Banks. Map printed by Ackermann and Co.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann & Co. -- Printer.Banks (William) and Son -- Printer.C hron. 1858.Garnett, John -- Publisher.Hamilton, Adams & Co. -- Publisher.Lake District (England) -- Guidebooks.Longman & Co. -- Publisher.Natural history -- England -- Lake Region (Cumbria).Simpkin, Marshall & Co. -- Publisher.Westleys -- Bookbinder.Whittaker & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1858.
Steel engravings -- 1858.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Martineau, Harriet, 1802-1876, A complete guide to the English lakes , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.