A complete guide to the English lakes / by Harriet Martineau ; illustrated with coloured prints, outlines of mountains, and a map coloured geologically by John Ruthven ; to which are added an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and mosses of the district.
- Windermere : John Garnett ; 
London : Whittaker and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 71,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. (some col.), col. maps ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 L1 M3 1858+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Binder's ticket: Westleys & Co., London.
Gold-stamped red cloth binding.
Date from NUC pre-56.
Color plates engraved by Leighton Brothers; wood engravings by William Banks after Theophil Lindsey Aspland, G.W. Pettitt, and Alfred Pettitt.
- Subject Terms:
- C hron. 1858.Garnett, John -- Publisher.Lake District (England) -- Guidebooks.Leighton Brothers -- Printer.Natural history -- England -- Lake Region (Cumbria)Westleys -- Bookbinder.
- Chromolithographs -- 1858.
Chromoxylographs -- 1858.
Steel engravings -- 1858.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Martineau, Harriet, 1802-1876, A complete guide to the English lakes , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.