Christmas with the poets : a collection of songs, carols, and descriptive verses relating to the festival of Christmas : from the Anglo-Norman period to the present time / embellished with fifty-three tinted ilustrations by Birket Foster ; and with initial letters and other ornaments.
- Third edition.
- London : David Bogue, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- x, , 202 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110 C5 V5 1855View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Bound by Leighton Son & Hodge.
Gold-stamped red cloth binding.
Added t.p., illustrated in colors.
Prefatory note signed: H.V. [i.e. Henry Vizetelly⁻
Printed by Henry Vizetelly, at Gough Square, Fleet Street.
McLean, R. Victorian publishers' book-bindings, p. 56.
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, David -- Publisher.Carols.Christmas -- Poetry.Hamlen, Sophia -- Pres. insc. from her cousin Edwin.Leighton Son & Hodge -- Bookbinder.Vizetelly, Henry 1820-1894 -- Printer.Vizetelly, Henry 1820-1894 -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1855.
Chromoxylographs -- 1855.
Wood engravings -- 1855.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.