The microscope : its history, construction, and application : being a familiar introduction to the use of the instrument and the study of microscopical science / by Jabez Hogg ... ; with more than five hundred engravings, and coloured illustrations by Tuffen West.
- New [6th] edition
- London ; George Routledge and Sons, 
New York : George Routledge and Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- xx, , 762 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. (some col.); 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH205 .H63 1867View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date from end of Preface to the sixth ed.
Color plates engraved by Edmund Evans after Tuffen West. Other illustrations engraved by A. Taylor, Malden, Williamson, and Pearson.
"Woodfall and Kinder, Printers, Milford Lane"
- Subject Terms:
- Cordingley, D. -- Bookplate.Cordingley, James -- Stamp.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Microscopes.Microscopy.Natural history.Routledge, George and Sons -- Publisher.Woodfall and Kinder -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1867.
Wood engravings -- 1867.
YCBA Collections Search
Hogg, Jabez, 1817-1899, The microscope : its history, construction, and application , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.