The circling year : illustrated from The leisure hour and The Sunday at home.
- [London] : Religious Tract Society,
- Physical Description:
- , 163 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6014 C57+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Binder's ticket: Bound by Lewis & Sons, Couch Square, Fllet Street, London.
Gold-stamped red cloth binding. Signed on spine: R.S.T.
"Pardon and Son, Printers, Paternoster Row, London."
Date from NUC pre-56.
Color plates printed by Edmund Evans, Vincent Brooks, Kronheim & Co., and Hodson's Chromographic Press.
Other illustrations engraved by Edward Whymper, Birket Foster, Joseph Swain, C.A. Ferrier, William Measom, C.W.S., and Butterworth & Heath; after G.P. Nicholls, William Collins, Edward Jennings, Henry Fitzcook, John Henry Robinson, Edward Whymper, Louis Simon Lassalle, J. Collier, Clarkson Stanfield, W.H.B.J., H.B., E.M.W., F.W.L. [i.e. Francis Wilfred Lawson], Allen Measom, M.E.E. [i.e. Mary Ellen Edwards], and A.D.B.
- Subject Terms:
- Brooks, Vincent, 1815-1885 -- Printer.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Hodson's Chromographic Press -- Printer.Kronheim & Co. -- Printer.Lewis & Sons -- Bookbinder.Pardon and Son -- Printer.R. S. T., binding designer.Religious Tract Society -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.