The primer / edited by H. Mayhew ; embellished by J. Gilbert ; engraved by W. Stevens.
- London : Published at the office of the Illuminated Magazine, .
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1119.A1 P74 1844View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Decorated paper boards.
Date from Osborne Coll.
"William Stevens, Printer."
At head of title: Dedicated to the Queen.
No others were published"--Cf. Osborne Coll.
Subsequent ed. published in 1847 as: The Prince of Wales' primer.
Illustrations engraved by Ebenezer Landells after Sir John Gilbert.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, p. 130.
- Subject Terms:
- Illuminated Magazine (Office of) -- Publisher.Readers (Primary) -- 1800-1870.Stevens, W. -- Printer.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1844.
Wood engravings -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.