Aphorisms of the wise and good / illuminated by Samuel Stanesby.
- London : Griffith and Farran, 
- Physical Description:
- 28 p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6271 A63View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Binder's ticket: Hanbury & Co., 80 Coleman St., E.C.
Gold-stamped purple cloth binding, with green and white cut-out paper onlays.
Date from Eng. cat of books.
Plates printed in colors by Thomas Bessent.
McLean, R. Victorian publishers' book-bindings, p. 13.
- Subject Terms:
- Aphorisms and apothegms.Bessent, Thomas -- Printer.Griffith and Farran -- Publisher.Hanbury & Co. -- Bookbinder.Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens.Maxims.
- Chromolithographs -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.