Beeton's book of home pets , [186-?]
- Beeton's book of home pets : showing how to rear and manage, in sickness and in health, birds, poultry, pigeons, rabbits ... inhabitants of the aquarium, etc. ; illustrated by upwards of two hundred woodcuts from designs principally by Harrison Weir, and several coloured illustrations from water-colour sketches mostly by the same artist ; with a chapter on ferns.
- London : Ward, Lock and Tyler, [186-?]
- Physical Description:
- xv, 832 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF413 B4Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Advertisements:  p. at end. Consists of books first published by Ward, Lock and Tyler in the late 1860s.
Edited by Samuel Orchart Beeton.
Printed by J. Ogden and Co., 172 St. John Street, E.C.
Colored illustrations engraved by Charles Blair Leighton and William Dickes; after Harrison William Weir, Richard C. Huttula, and Frederick Wilhelm Keyl.
Other illustrations engraved by Henry Newsom Woods, C.W. Sheeres, and William Michael Roberts Quick; after Harrison William Weir and Richard C. Huttula.
Docker, A. William Dickes, 21.
- Subject Terms:
- Ferns.Ogden (J.) and Co. -- Printer.Pets.Ward, Lock and Tyler -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- [186-?].
Wood engravings -- [186-?].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.