The illustrated book of domestic poultry / edited by Martin Doyle ; the figures drawn from nature by C.H. Weigall ; engraved and printed in oil colours by W. Dickes & Co.
- New ed.
- London ; G. Routledge & Co., 1857.
New York : G. Routledge & Co., 1857.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 251, 113 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF487 .H52 1857View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Advertisements:  p. at end.
Green cloth binding with red leather gold-stamped spine.
Printed by Cox Bros. and Wyman.
Chromoxylographs printed by William Dickes and Co. after Charles Harvey Weigall.
Some of the other illustrations engraved by Dalziel after Harrison William Weir.
- Subject Terms:
- Cox Bros. and Wyman -- Printer.Dickes (William) and Co. -- Printer.Poultry.Routledge (G.) & Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1857.
Wood engravings -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Doyle, Martin, 1787?-1875, The illustrated book of domestic poultry , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.