Puss in boots / edited and illustrated with etchings on steel by George Cruikshank.
- London : Routledge, Warne & Routledge : 
- Physical Description:
- 40 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPZ8 .F34 no.4View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Does not appear to be first issue as described by Cohn. "Notice to the public" is not repeated at the back, etc.
British Art Center copy has ms. letter by Cruikshank tipped-in at front. In it, he asks the publisher for several copies of his Fairy library, and particularly Puss in boots. Letter is dated Dec. 29, 1864.
In original printed wrappers.
Cover engraved by Thomas Williams after George Cruikshank.
Cased with Hop-o' my-thumb and other nos. of the Fairy library.
Printed by Harrild.
Cohn, A. George Cruikshank (1969 repr. of 1924 ed.), 199.
- Subject Terms:
- Arnold, F. -- Publisher.Harrild -- Printer.Routledge, Warne & Routledge -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- .
Wood engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.