Surprising adventures of the renowned Baron Munchausen , 1809
- Surprising adventures of the renowned Baron Munchausen : containing singular travels, campaigns, voyages, and adventures : also an account of a voyage to the moon and dog star : embellished with numerous engravings.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Baron Munchausen's narrative of his marvellous travels. English.
- London : Printed for Thomas Tegg, no. 111, opposite Bow Church, Cheapside, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 144,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : col. ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6193 M8 T4 1809Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: A⁶B-G¹² (B3 missigned B4; E6 missigned E5)
In original boards.
First translated into English by Rudolf Erich Raspe in 1786.
Printed by Plummer, Seething-Lane, London.
Plates are after Thomas Rowlandson.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 245. (Abbey copy)
- Subject Terms:
- Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1809.Plummer -- Printer.Tegg, Thomas -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.