Baron Munchausen's Narrative of his marvellous travels and campaigns in Russia , 1786
- Baron Munchausen's Narrative of his marvellous travels and campaigns in Russia : humbly dedicated and recommended to country gentlemen ; and if they please, to be repeated as their own, after a hunt, at horse races, in watering-places, and other such polite assemblies, round the bottle and fire-side.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Baron Munchausen's narrative of his marvellous travels. Selections.
- Oxford : Printed for the editor, and sold by the booksellers there and at Cambridge, also in London by the booksellers of Piccadilly, the Royal Exchange and M. Smith, at no. 46, in Fleet-street, 1786.
- Physical Description:
- iv, -49 p. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6193 M8 R3 1786Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This copy has the half-t.p. and the five errata listed on the verso of the t.p. as in the 1st issue. The 2nd issue corrected the errors so the errata list was left out and Dublin was added to the imprint. There were 2 other eds. published in 1786 (April & May) with illustrations.
Signatures: [A]²([A1]+2) B-E⁶ ([A2], [A3] are separate leaves; E6 is blank)
This copy is unopened and stitched, as issued.
This copy belonged to Edward Hubert Litchfield and has his bookplate. Other provenance information has been placed in the Object File.
Translated and edited by Rudolf Erich Raspe.
First ed., 1st issue.
BM (compact ed.), v. 18, p. 829.
- Subject Terms:
- Litchfield, Edward Hubert -- Bookplate.Smith, M. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.