Three gems in one setting / [illustrated] by A.L. Bond.
- London (Paternoster Row) : W. Kent & Co., 
([London] (10 Old Bailey E.C.) : David Brand, Chromo. Lith.)
- Physical Description:
- 18 leaves : color illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1173 B66Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each leaf protected by a guard sheet.
Brit. Mus. Gen. Cat. vol 23, page 258
McLean, R. Victorian publishers' bookbindings, p. 118.
Original publisher's binding: Purple cloth, front with five recessed panels, stamped in gold in a Moorish pattern; chromolithographed paper onlay in central panel; bevelled edge boards; dark brown endpapers; all edges gilt. Back cover stamped in blind without panels.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- Specimens.Bookbinding.
Chromolithographs -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1860.
Gold blocked bindings -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1860.
Onlays -- Color -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1860.
Binders' tickets -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1860.
Booksellers' labels -- Specimens -- Scotland -- 1860.
Booksellers' labels -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- 1860.
onlays (applied decoration)
panels (ornament areas)
- The poet's song / Tennyson
- Field flowers / Campbell
- Pilgrim fathers / Mrs. Hemans.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.