Willis, Browne, 1682-1760, A survey of the cathedral church of Bangor, and the edifices belonging to it , 1721
- A survey of the cathedral church of Bangor, and the edifices belonging to it : containing an account of all the inscriptions on the monuments and gravestones ... : together with a large appendix of records, and other curious matter relating to Bangor Church and bishoprick ... : to which is also subjoined several supplementary additions and records to the like history of St. Asaph Cathedral ... / collected by Browne Willis ... ; illustrated with draughts of the iconography and upright of Bangor Cathedral, and view of Bodowen Chapel.
- London : Printed for Robert Gosling, at the Middle Temple Gate in Fleet-Street, 1721.
- Physical Description:
- 372,  p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 21 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5107 B2 W54Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: [A]-3A⁴3B²
Plates by Michael Burghers and John Harris; after Joseph Lord.
Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Bangor (Wales) -- History.Bangor Cathedral.Cathedrals -- Wales.Church of England. Diocese of Bangor.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1721.Gosling, Robert -- Publisher.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1721.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.