Betham-Edwards, Matilda, 1836-1919, Snow-flakes and the stories they told the children , 
- Snow-flakes and the stories they told the children / by M. Betham-Edwards ... ; illustrated by H.K. Browne.
- London : Sampson, Low, Son, and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 46,  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110.C4 E3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110.C4 E3 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Illustrations engraved and printed by Edmund Evans after Hablot Knight Browne.
British Art Center has 2 copies in variant publishers' bindings. Copy 1 is bound in gold-stamped purple cloth. Copy 2 is bound in gold-stamped blue cloth with a different design.
Binder's ticket (c. 1): Bone & Son, 76 Fleet Street, London.
"Edmund Evans, engraver and printer."
Title on added t.-p.: Snow flakes.
Text within ornamental border.
Date from Eng. cat. of books and NUC pre-56.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 38
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Children's poetry.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Low, Sampson, Son and Co. -- Publisher.Underwood, Carol -- Pres. insc. from her Aunt Nellie.
- Chromoxylographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.