IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Betham-Edwards, Matilda, 1836-1919, Snow-flakes and the stories they told the children , 
Snow-flakes and the stories they told the children / by M. Betham-Edwards ... ; illustrated by H.K. Browne.
- London : Sampson, Low, Son, and Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 46,  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110.C4 E3 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110.C4 E3 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations engraved and printed by Edmund Evans after Hablot Knight Browne.
British Art Center has 2 copies in variant publishers' bindings. Copy 1 is bound in gold-stamped purple cloth. Copy 2 is bound in gold-stamped blue cloth with a different design.
Binder's ticket (c. 1): Bone & Son, 76 Fleet Street, London.
"Edmund Evans, engraver and printer."
Title on added t.-p.: Snow flakes.
Text within ornamental border.
Date from Eng. cat. of books and NUC pre-56.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 38
- Subject Terms:
- Bone & Son -- Bookbinder.Children's poetry.Evans, Edmund -- Printer.Low, Sampson, Son and Co. -- Publisher.Underwood, Carol -- Pres. insc. from her Aunt Nellie.
- Chromoxylographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.