Lessons in the art of illuminating : a series of examples selected from works in the British Museum, Lambeth Palace library, and the South Kensingtom Museum / with practical instructions and a sketch of the history of the art by W.J. Loftie ...
- London : Blackie & Son, [188-?]
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 34 p. : ill. (some col.), facsims. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND3310 L63 1880zView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Color plates may have been printed by the Parisian firm Firman-Didot.
Advertisements: 2 p. at end.
Gold- and black-stamped green cloth binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackie & Son. -- Publisher.Firmin-Didot -- Printer.Illumination of books and manuscripts.Rowntree, Harvey -- Pres. insc. from his wife, 1914.
- Chromolithographs -- [188-?].
Wood engravings -- [188-?]
Lithographs -- [188-?].
YCBA Collections Search
Loftie, W. J. (William John), 1839-1911, Lessons in the art of illuminating , [188-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.