Notices of sculpture in ivory, consisting of a lecture on the history, methods, and chief productions of the art, delivered at the first annual general meeting of the Arundel society, on the 29th June, 1855, by M. Digby Wyatt ... and A catalogue of specimens of ancient ivory-carvings in various collections, (casts of which are sold by the society in classes exemplifying the principal schools and periods) by Edmund Oldfield ... With nine photographic illustrations, by J. A. Spencer.
- London, The Arundel society, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.l., 54 p. front., illus., 7 pl. 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK5825 W9+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- committed to retain 20190228 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars.
BAC: In original printed boards. Cover designed by M. Digby Wyatt and lithographed by Standidge & Co.
p. 1-24 of the seventh annual publication of the Arundel society.
"List of books containing engravings or descriptions of ivory-carvings included in the catalogue": p. 29-30.
- Subject Terms:
- Arundel Society (London, England) -- Publisher.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Ivories.Northwick, John Rushout, Baron, 1770-1859 -- Bookplate.Standidge & Co. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- 1856.
Photomechanical prints -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Wyatt, M. Digby (Matthew Digby), Sir, 1820-1877, Notices of sculpture in ivory,, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.