Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on portrait painting , 1860
Practical hints on portrait painting : illustrated by examples from works of Vandyke and other masters / by John Burnet ...
- Re-edited, and with an appendix / by Henry Murray ...
- London : James S. Virtue, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- [iii]-vi, 63,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1300 B8 1860+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by John Burnet; after Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Anthonie van Dyck, and Diego Velasquez.
Blind-stamped green cloth binding, title stamped in gold on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Technique.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1860.Painting -- Technique.Portrait painting.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1860.Virtue, James S. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.