A survey of the cathedral-church of Landaff : containing an account of all the inscriptions on the monuments and grave-stones, the history of the Bishops, and other dignitaries belonging to the same, their several preferments, times of decease, burial and epitaphs : with a large appendix of records and other curious matters, relating to Landaff Church and Bishoprick : to which is subjoined an exact list of all the churches and chapels in this diocese ... : and illustrated with a draught of the iconography and upright of Landaff Cathedral / by Browne Willis ...
- London : Printed for R. Gossling, at the Crown and Mitre, over-against Fetter-lane, Fleetstreet, 1718.
- Physical Description:
- 228, , 10 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., plans ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740 L7 W5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates by Michael Burghers; after Joseph Lord.
Date of publication at end of Prefatory Epistle.
"A description of the cathedral-church of Landaff" signed W. Wotton: p. 1-34.
Initials, head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedrals -- Wales.Church of England. Diocese of Llandaff.Gossling, R. -- Publisher.Llandaff (Wales) -- History.Llandaff Cathedral (Llandaff, Wales)
- Woodcuts -- .
Etchings -- .
YCBA Collections Search
Willis, Browne, 1682-1760, A survey of the cathedral-church of Landaff , 1718
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.