Delle arti del disegno : discorsi del cav. Giosuè Reynolds, presidente della R. accad. di Londra ec. / transportati dall' inglese nel toscano idioma.
- Firenze [Florence] : [s.n.], 1778.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 240,  p. : port. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497 R4 A3516 1778Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- This copy belonged to Giuseppe Pelli, director of the Royal Art Gallery in Florence. Correspondence between Reynolds & Pelli is printed in Hilles, F.W. Letters of Sir Joshua Reynolds, p. 48-51, 242.
Bound in contemporary vellum.
First Italian translation of Reynolds' first seven discourses, by Giuseppe Baretti.
Edited by Luigi Siries.
Baretti's response to the publication of this book can be found in his privately printed pamphlet "Lettera scritta da Giuseppe Baretti a Luigi Siries a Firenze," in which he criticizes Siries for not mentioning his name in the publication and for altering the text.--cf. Hilles, F.W. Literary career of Sir Joshua Reynolds, p. 51-59.
Portrait of Reynolds by Carlo Faucci; after Franco Corsi.
Head- and tail-pieces.
- Subject Terms:
- Art.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1778.Pelli Bencivenni, Giuseppe, 1729-1808 -- Bookplate.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1778.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.