Tides in English taste (1619-1800) : a background for the study of literature / by B. Sprague Allen ...
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., plans ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6766 A44 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "This book has grown out of my gradual realization of the extent to which the history of art constitutes a most vivid, enlightening commentary on the history of literature."--Pref.
Includes bibliographical notes.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics -- History.Art -- England -- History.Art and literature.Art, Modern -- 17th century -- England -- History.Art, Modern -- 18th century -- England -- History.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism.Great Britain -- Civilization.
YCBA Collections Search
Allen, B. Sprague (Beverly Sprague), 1881-1935, Tides in English taste (1619-1800) , 1937