Plans, elevations and sections, of noblemen and gentlemen's houses, and also of stabling, bridges, public and private, temples, and other garden buildings; executed in the counties of Derby, Durham, Middlesex, Northumberland, Nottingham, and York. By James Paine ...
- London, The author, 1767-83.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. plates (part fold.) plans (part double) 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 109 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 109 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Imprint varies: Vol. 1: Printed for the author, and sold by Mr. Davies ..., Mr. Dodsley ..., Mr. Brotherton ..., Mr. Webley ..., and at the author's house ...
Vol. 2: Printed for the author, and sold by Mess. Sayer and Bennett ..., Mr. Beckett ..., Mr. Robson ..., Mr. Boydells ..., and at the author's house ...
Plates engraved by H. Mackworth, Thomas Morris, Tobias Müller, F. Patton, Thomas White, Johann Sebastian Müller, Peter Mazell, John June, and Charles Grignion; after James Paine and William Collins.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is imperfect: vol. 2 wanting.
Vol. 2: Executed in the counties of Nottingham, Essex, Wilts, Derby, Hertford, Suffolk, Salop, Middlesex, and Surrey.
"The first volume, or part was issued in 1767, the second part in 1783, together with a second edition of the first ..."--DNB
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Architecture, Domestic -- England.Beckett -- Publisher.Boydell -- Publisher.Brotherton -- Publisher.Davies -- Publisher.Dodsley -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1767-1783.Robson -- Publisher.Sayer and Bennett -- Publisher.Webley -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Paine, James, 1717?-1789, Plans, elevations and sections, of noblemen and gentlemen's houses,, 1767-83
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.