IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paine, James, 1717?-1789, Plans, elevations, and sections, of noblemen and gentlemen's houses,, 1783
Plans, elevations, and sections, of noblemen and gentlemen's houses, and also of stabling, bridges, public and private, temples, and other garden buildings; executed in the counties of Derby, Durham, Middlesex, Northumberland, Nottingham and York. By James Paine ...
- 2d ed.
- London, The author, 1783.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. plates (part double) plans (part double) 62 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 25 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 25 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Imprint varies: Vol. 1: Printed for the author, and sold by Mr. White ..., Mr. Becket ..., Mr. Robson ..., Mr. Davies ..., Mr. Isaac Taylor ..., Mr. Boydell ..., and at the author's house ...
Vol. 2: Printed for the author, and sold by Mess. Sayer and Bennett ..., Mr. Beckett ..., Mr. Robson ..., Mr. Boydell's ..., and at the author's house.
Plates engraved by H. Mackworth, Thomas Morris, Tobias Müller, F. Patton, Thomas White, Johann Sebastian Müller, Peter Mazell, John June, and Charles Grignion; after James Paine and William Collins.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of the Normanton family. Copy 2 has the autograph of Thomas Fulljames, 1844 & the bookplate of Richard Blackett Beaumont.
Vol. 2: Executed in the counties of Nottingham, Essex, Wilts, Derby, Hertford, Suffolk, Salop, Middlesex, and Surrey.
"The first volume, or part was issued in 1767, the second part in 1783, together with a second edition of the first ..."--DNB.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Architecture, Domestic -- England.Beaumont, Richard Blackett, b.1926 -- Bookplate.Becket -- Publisher.Beckett -- Publisher.Boydell -- Publisher.Davies -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1783.Fulljames, Thomas -- Autograph, 1844.Normanton family -- Bookplate.Robson -- Publisher.Sayer and Bennett -- Publisher.Taylor, Isaac, 1759-1829 -- Publisher.White -- Publisher.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.