The land of Israel; a journal of travels in Palestine, undertaken with special reference to its physical character. By H. B. Tristram ... Pub. under the direction of the Committee of general literature and education appointed by the Society for promoting Christian knowledge.
- London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 651,  p. col. front., illus., plates (part. col.) fold. maps 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS107 .T83Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Color frontispiece engraved and printed by William Dickes after C.P. Medlycott.
Other illustrations engraved by William Dickes, Edward Stanford, and Josiah Wood Whimper.
Maps by Stanford's Geographical Establishment, London.
Binder's ticket: Edmonds & Remnants.
Gold-stamped maroon cloth publisher's binding. Leather gold-stamped labels on spine.
Printed by R. Clay, Son and Taylor, Bread Street Hill.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding -- 1865.Clay (R.) Son, and Taylor -- Printer.Dickes, William, 1815-1892 -- Printer.Edmonds & Remnants -- Bookbinder.Palestine -- Description and travel.Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge (Great Britain) -- Publisher.Trower, Frances, 1808-1890 -- Provenance.Trower, Walter John, 1805-1877 -- Bookplate.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1865.
Wood engravings -- 1865.
YCBA Collections Search
Tristram, H. B. (Henry Baker), 1822-1906, The land of Israel;, 1865
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.