Twelve parables of our Lord : illustrated and illuminated.
- Additional Title(s):
Bible. N.T. Gospels. English. Selections. 1870.
- London : Macmillan and Co., 1870.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly col. ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8180 T83+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Binding signed with initials M.M.
Binder's ticket: Burn & Co.
Gold- and black-stamped brown cloth publisher's binding, with cut-out paper chromoxylograph onlay.
"The twelve illustrations ... are ... by H.R. McEniry. The frontispiece is by John Jellicoe. The illuminated borders are from the Brevario Grimani, in St. Mark's Library, Venice. The illuminated texts and title-page are designed by Lewis Hind. The binding is executed by Burn and Co. and the entire work is arranged and printed in colours by Cooper, Clay, and Co."
Cover title: He spake unto them in parables.
- Subject Terms:
- Bible -- Illustrations.Bible -- Parables.Bookbinding -- Specimens -- 1870.Burn and Co. -- Bookbinder.Cooper, Clay, and Co. -- Printer.Jesus Christ -- Parables -- Pictorial works.M. M., binding designer.Macmillan and Co. -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1870.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.